free hit counter

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Gaining an Understanding of Deterministic Electrical Noise

We're having a hell of a time with 60Hz AC noise entering our Free Motion pointer then aliasing to all sorts of odd harmonics. Beyond being able to identify bad spikes in the countless FFTs the team's been running, I've been out of my depth in understanding the mechanics of it all. However, Ben found this great article, written at just my level of electronics:

Harmonics in polyphase power systems : POLYPHASE AC CIRCUITS

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Madonna said...

ah this brings back memories of physics 201 and 202 at poly. took me forever to start understanding electronics. Now I deal with this crap on a daily basis but in BIG power... like 3-phase 480v facility power, 60Hz hum, ground loops in video systems, etc.

good article.

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home