free hit counter

Monday, October 13, 2008

QT4 on linux

Installing the comercial version of QT on Linux. Strangely enough..the INSTALL file has most of the directions you need.

I ran into difficulty because I didn't have the X11 xshape headers which is required to use drag and drop in QT Designer in its full glory. apt-file lets you search for particular headers:
sudo apt-get install apt-file
sudo apt-file update
apt-file search extensions/shape.h
tendra: /usr/lib/TenDRA/lib/include/x5/ext.api/X11/extensions/shape.h
x11proto-xext-dev: /usr/include/X11/extensions/shape.h
sudo apt-get install x11proto-xext-dev
sudo apt-get install libx11-dev

However, this didn't really help all that much as xshape support still wasn't detected, and I couldn't build. After considerable trolling I found this comprehensive list:
sudo apt-get install libx11-dev libxpm-dev x11proto-xext-dev libxext-dev
and then I could make, though I didn't risk turning on xshape support.

./configure -prefix /usr/local/qt4
make
sudo make install


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home