free hit counter

Monday, October 11, 2004

e-mobile SIM card reader

So, I bought an e-Mobile SIM card reader, http://www.kinforce.com/en/ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=34 , about $20 off ebay.

Since I fried a SIM card last week I thought I could buy some blank SIM cards, which I did (gotta love eBay), and then copy them using a SIM card reader/writer.

Apparently, that's known as cloning, and many people would like to do it for nefarious purposes. There is some pretty decent security on new SIM cards and my 20 minute perusal showed that I wasn't going to be able to do it. Hopefully, neither can the bad people who would like to make calls on your dime using your cloned SIM card.

Though, the e-Mobile SIM reader/writer does work as a backup utility for SMS messages and phone book, BVRP's mobile phone tools and my cheap phone cable, (off eBay as well), do a much better job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home