free hit counter

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

manifest files and msvcp80.dll

I appreciate that these side-by-side assemblies and manifests are looking to solve the dll hell problem, but man there just isn't much comprehensible user level documentation about it.

My app wouldn't run on my target system, so I downloaded dependency walker to find out what DLLs weren't loading. Funny, I had msvcp80.dll in the same directory as my application, but the application couldn't load it. So, I found out you have to copy the magic side-by-side assembly files into your %WINDIR%/WinSxs/ directory.

Don't forget to copy manifest files, policy directory, and the directory if interest!

Linkage:
http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Troubleshooting C/C Isolated Applications and Side-by-side Assemblies

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home