free hit counter

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Subversion is up and running

Well it took me 2 hours and 10 minutes, rather than the 1 hour I was going to allow myself, but I now have Subversion up, a repository created, and a checkout on my local machine.

I have it integrated with Apache, and its running on a machine with Windows XP Media Center Edition. No small part of me doubted that I would be able to get it to work on this machine.

To start with I'm going with a single repository, stored in the native FS filesystem, with the recommended trunk, branch, and tags directories.

I used the excellent tutorial which I blogged about earlier. The only real exception was how I made the repository and imported files:

cd c:
mkdir svn
cd svn
mkdir tools
svnadmin create --fs-type fsfs tools
cd \temp\existingSrc
mkdir trunk
mv exisitingSrc/* trunk
mv trunk existingSrc
mkdir existingSrc/branches
mkdir existingSrc/tags
svn import existingSrc file:///c:/svn/tools

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home